Back in April, my sweet friend Pat pre-ordered Confessions of a Boy-Crazy Girl: On Her Journey from Neediness to Freedom just as soon as I let her know she could do so. Being the thrifty woman she is, she also purchased 12 pounds of rice to take advantage of the “Free Super Saver Shipping” on orders over $25.
Experience assured Pat that Amazon’s superior customer service antennae would realize my book wouldn’t be out for several months and would send Pat her rice within the week.
But a month later, the rice still hadn’t arrived.
When Pat realized she wouldn’t be receiving her rice until September 1, she went ahead and ordered another 25 pounds. She had just started to put a dent in the rice when she opened her door one hot July day to 12 pounds of rice. Tucked in the box was the following note,
“We thought you’d like to know that we shipped this portion of your order separately to give you quicker service.”
Thirty-seven pounds of rice rich, Pat messaged me,
“I will begin to research luscious rice recipes for your book launch party in September.”
And here it is—September 1—book launch day! I don’t know if the book launch party will materialize, but here’s what I do know. You can now order Confessions of a Boy-Crazy Girl: On Her Journey from Neediness to Freedom without any fear of a sticky pre-ordering rice run-in!
ChristianBook.com is now shipping Confessions of a Boy-Crazy Girl for $7.99.
Amazon is now shipping Confessions of a Boy-Crazy Girl for $8.24.
BarnesandNoble.com is now shipping Confessions of a Boy-Crazy Girl for $8.24.
BooksAMillion.com is now shipping Confessions of a Boy-Crazy Girl for $8.24.
And should you happen to order a little too much rice along with your book (Pat), I have a few ideas for ya:
- Save it for that distant day your daughter gets married so you can lovingly pelt her and her groom with rice.
- Sew a rice bag to keep you warm this long Michigan winter.
- Wrap some sushi and deliver it to our post-pregnant friend who wanted nothing more the last nine months than sushi for breakfast, sushi for lunch, sushi for snack, sushi for supper.
- Relieve some stress with a rice face scrub.
- Make a rice rain stick and celebrate this day with a little living room swaying.
Any other rice ideas?